Viking Splash Tours and ‘The Box in the Docks‘
After the Viking Splash Tour (1 hour 15 minutes) your group is then dropped at The Waterways Visitor Centre*, affectionately known as the ‘Box in the Docks’, which is a child friendly visitor centre ideally located on the Grand Canal. During a visit to the centre your pupils will learn about the history and use of Ireland’s waterways for transport, tourism and recreation. Pupils can also test their skills at driving a barge, navigating a canal lock system and can take part in an interactive quiz testing their knowledge of Ireland’s waterways. The visitor centre can ideally accommodate a class of 30 pupils.
Duration: Viking Splash Tour (1.5 hours) Box in The Docks (1 hour)
Location: Viking Splash Tour departs from St Stephens Green North or Bull Alley depending on numbers. Box on the Docks is located near The Grand Canal Basin. There is an option (again depending on group size) to be dropped directly at the Box on The Docks.
- €13 per child (Groups less than 10 people)
- €12 per child (Groups 10 – 20 people)
- €11 per child (Groups 20+)
- 1 teacher per every 13 children complimentary – any additional teachers the same rate as the kids
- €17 per student (Groups less than 10 people)
- €16 per student (Groups 10-20 people)
- €15 per students (Groups 20+)
- 1 teacher per every 13 students complimentary – any additional teachers the same rate as the students
Available: Wednesday to Sunday (The Waterways Visitor Centre is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays). Please note a different rate applies on the weekend
*depending on group size